- In 2002 I was offered a job as a developer just before finishing a college degree in computer science. I finished the college degree, but later regretted that I didn't finish at least a Bachelor degree. 1,5 years ago I decided it was time to get the degree. I took the subjects needed part time, as I still had my full time job. My last exam was finished in December. Feels great!
- Learned and worked intensively with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and SOA architecture both at my full time job and as part of my Bachelor thesis.
- Learned and used Test Driven Development (TDD) together with principles and design patterns optimized for this such as SOLID principles with dependency injection (DI) and dependency injection containers (IOC). My preferable IOC so far has been Castle Windsor.
- Slowly started with jQuery.
Goals for 2010:
- Learn ASP.NET MVC.
- Learn the basics of Silverlight.
- Get up to date on the ADO.NET Entity Framework and NHibernate.
- Write two blog posts per month.
- Read a new technology book every 3 months.
- Improve on creating loosely coupled architecture.
- Create 3 new open source projects and contribute to 1 existing open source project.
- Become a Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD).